Thoughts on “Economic Stimulus”

I came across this great quote on American Thinker:

In the House Republicans' meeting with Obama on January 27th, Maryland's sole Republican Congressman, Roscoe Bartlett, said it best:

"Mr. President, I probably come at this from a slightly different perspective. I remember when FDR beat Hoover in 1932. So I remember the Great Depression very well. I don't remember any of the many government programs affecting the course of the Depression. Government programs didn't work then; I don't know why we think they would work now. Mr. President, I think our obsessive borrowing has fully mortgaged my kids and my grandkids. Now we're working on mortgaging my two great-grandkids. Mr. President, I think it's more than a little bit selfish to try to solve our economic problems which we created by burdening future generations yet to be born

Here’s the article: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/01/republicans_won.html

Yeah, it’s a little pointed. It’s a little republican biased. But that quote is spot on.

No comments: