Windows 8 Developer Preview

I just downloaded the Windows 8 Developer Preview and I'm really excited to start playing with it. For those of you that know me this shouldn't come as a big surprise because as you well know I am a neophile and an operating system whore. Seriously, there was a period of a couple of months at my last gig where I changed my OS about once a week. And I'm not talking small changes, either. I would jump from Windows XP to Ubuntu to Windows Vista x64 to Windows 7 alpha back to some other linux and you get the idea.

Anyway, I'm busy installing the Windows 8 Developer Preview on top of Sun's excellent VirtualBox virtualization software. Why don't you use Microsoft's Virtual PC you ask? Because the feature set is so much smaller than what I get from VirtualBox. Multiple CPUs, more than 3.75 GB of RAM on the guest OS, 3D acceleration, etc.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked about it and I'll do a proper write-up on how to install it on VirtualBox once I'm done playing around a little bit.

No comments: