Understanding Nerds

I ran into a really great blog the other day: Rands In Repose.  He's got a great couple of articles (written a few months ago) about nerds.  Specifically The Nerd Handbook and N.A.D.D..

We'll start with The Nerd Handbook.  Written as a nerd-oriented "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus," this post is actually quite accurate in describing my relationship with the world.  (Note to Suzanne: read the part about Your nerd has built an annoyingly efficient relevancy engine in his head, it might explain some of my apparent forgetfulness... my relevancy engine just needs some tweaking)

N.A.D.D. is all about the ADD-esque disorder that most nerds are afflicted with.  I don't think my case is quite as advance as Rands describes (I only have seven open windows on my two monitors) but the underpinnings are definitely there.

If you can bear/ignore some gratuitous language, Rands has quite a few good articles about management, work relationships (the professional kind, not the personal kind), the work environment (or cave), and so forth.

No comments: